Review: Happily Ever After in Bliss

Happily Ever After in Bliss

Happily Ever After in Bliss by Sophie Oak
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I debated in giving this a 2 or a 3 star.  I like Henry.  Henry is a cool dude.  I have never liked Nell.  Everything about her grates on me.  Between her holier than thou attitude in her actions and her annoying "peaceful protests", I am completely turned off by her.  I understand where she is coming from.  I just don't care and I don't want to have any interaction with her, even from a peripheral.  Still, this book is more about Henry's past catching up and having Nell adjust to it.

Suffice to say, the sex scenes in here are decent.  I just didn't want to imagine Nell getting it on with Henry.  I realize she is young.  But in my mind she constant comes across as a greasy grey haired old lady in her 60s who doesn't bath much, wears hippie clothing, and reeks of patchouli. I know several people in real life like this and they are fun to hang around.  Nell, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with her.  Which is unusual because almost all the characters Ms. Oak creates, I like and would enjoy hanging around them. I digress.

I liked Henry dealing with his old life coming to visit his new identity.  I liked how he tried to explain it to others.  I like how the town is basically a magnet for retired spies, assassins, organized crime, and the crazies. The sense of community in Bliss is truly blissful.  I have been waiting for Henry's story and I liked it in spite of Nell.  Seeing the cross over between two different series also makes me pretty happy and geeking out over it.  Recommended to romance lovers who love their spies.

Comments

Popular Posts