Review: Incisive

Incisive

#ThrowbackThursdays #TeamJordan

Incisive by Lesli Richardson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The final book in this trilogy is long and brings this story to a wonderful conclusion.  I'm still #TeamJordanForever - just like Leo's parents and sister.  haha.  Trigger warning for this book.  It's covered in the author's note too.  It has never been a secret that Ms. Richardson is far left leaning.  Whilst the main characters in this book are a balanced ideal politician and people I would love to be around, the author's left leaning is a bulldozer in the plot here.  It's an interesting read to see a perfectly balanced character with a very heavily left leaning and rabid hatred of the right bleeding into the storyline.  Please keep in mind, this is fiction.  Please also keep in mind that it doesn't take away from the love triangle between Leo, Jordan, and Elliot.  Please also keep in mind there were personal things going on in the author's life that colours how this story was written. 

I had no idea how Ms. Richardson was going to be able to change my mind about Elliot.  Because the first book in this trilogy, I hated him.  This book completely redeems Elliot in my eyes and I am good with him now.  I don't love him, but I can see what Jordan and Leo see in him.  I love the closure this book gives me and I also reveled in the BDSM scenes.  The kink in this story definitely kicked it up a notch and I loved it.

There is so much going on in this book and I enjoyed the ride.  There was only one subplot that had my eyes rolling but it is a minor distraction for me.  I found this book a great blend of humour, tragedy, empathy, and action.  I loved how Leo's family reacted to Elliot.  I love how Elliot finally came to an understanding with his parents. There are so many passages I have bookmarked to read over and over again because the writing of these scenes are so darn good. When it comes to pulling the heartstrings, Ms. Richardson excels. This conclusion to the trilogy is recommended to those who have read the first 2 books in the series. 

Comments

Popular Posts