Review: Love the Way You Spy

Love the Way You Spy

Love the Way You Spy by Lexi Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A new spin off series!  Woohoo! I have been waiting to read about the next generation of Taggarts.  This one is about Tasha.  Last we saw Tasha, she was a bit of a sullen teenager who was catfished in the worst of ways.  Now smarter, stronger, and an operative, she is the one catfishing...


Technically she isn't catfishing.  She is blowing off steam after a pride bruising break up.  Why does a one night stand have to end up complicated?  Can't a girl just get a little sausage without buying the whole pig?  I love Tasha.  She is a loyal sister and a good friend.  She had a rough start in her life but now, it seems ideal.  She has loving parents and she is surrounded by a great group of friends and her family.  What consistently attracts me to Ms. Blake's books is how the characters have a strong and solid community.  People they can count on and care for them.  I understand this is fiction and it is the one thing I read about and really love to dream about since I don't have it in my own life. I digress.

Tasha at a last minute subs in for another operative.  The problem is, Tasha isn't an operative.  She works in the support role or as I lovingly call it . . . logistics.  I love logistics.  In Australia, one of my favourite countries to visit, Tasha is now working a case more than their original mission parameters.  It is a SNAFU that requires the elder Taggarts to make an appearance.  No one wants Ian's sexapade vaca to be interrupted.  Yet here we are.

This story is balanced with humour and heartbreak.  It pulls at my emotions in all different directions. I love being so entrenched in a character's well being.  Tasha experiences so many ups and downs in this book.  And the kink... woohoo.  Yes, this is kinky maledom in a glitterkink setting.  Pretty much all of Ms. Blake's BDSM clubs are glitterkink and I like it.  This is a little bit more than a light tickle and slap but nothing hardcore.  Tasha's hesitant dom comes with a trunk full of his own baggage.  Dare doesn't exactly have "daddy issues" but he does have an asshat of a father.  His raison d'être is admirable and bodes well for his future as a good husband. First he needs to get in the right headspace.  Next he needs to get away from his father.  

This erotic romance is a wild ride and I enjoyed every minute of it.  I look forward to the next book in this series.  This series can be read as a standalone.  Be forewarned that it will most likely hook you in to read all the other series in universe.  Recommended to kinky readers who enjoy a strong female lead.

Comments

Popular Posts