Review: Unexpected Bliss

Unexpected Bliss

Unexpected Bliss by Lexi Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
When I am in a reading and reviewing slump, I need a little Bliss pick me up. This one hit me in all the right spots and jump started me back into reviewing books. This happily ever after for Elisa is heartwarming.  

Alone in the world with no family or anyone to depend on, she finds a clue to the father she never knew. I wonder if parents understand the ramifications of keeping another parent from a child. I can understand if it is a toxic parent. But to never tell the father of your child and give them a chance?  

Elisa's search for some connection lands her in Bliss and meeting Mel.  Paranoid Mel with his beet juice is a featured character in this series?  I would have never had thought this would happen, and yet, here we are. 

This story is more than a father daughter meeting. Elisa finds not 1 but 2 men to enrich her life.  As with men, they tend to under communicate and end up with a boat load of avoidable conflict.  This is the one thing I didn't really like about the book - the contrived misunderstanding. Fortunately the character development, character growth, and community make this story delightful. Let us not forget the glorious threesome sex.

Sylvan and Hale have been friends for a long time.  They continue to pass through life and cannot really decide what they want to do.  They have had a lot of fun and causes trouble along the way. It is time for them to grow up...they just need a reason.  That reason is Elisa.

Elisa and the two guys are out of step for the early part of their relationship dance.  Watching their drama is popcorn worthy.  I am sure the three of them are not enjoying the ups and downs.  Still, when they finally get it together, it is explosive.  

Of course since this is Bliss, there has to be some killer and Elisa needs to join the "club".  The bit of suspense subplot was fun.  This erotic romance is recommended to readers who love ménages. 


Comments

Popular Posts