Review: Master of the Wilderness

Master of the Wilderness

#SexySaturdays

 Master of the Wilderness by Cherise Sinclair
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When it comes to kinky erotica romance, Ms. Sinclair delivers consistently.  Returning to the Mountain Masters, Wyatt find his perfect one - Erin.  This story starts out in a somber and depressing note and finishes with a sweet smoothness.  I'm outraged within the first few pages as we learn about Erin's husband. I am not a fan of politicians because of the corruption.  Erin's husband is the straw-man stereotype that we tend to think of and despise. Fortunately, he is more an afterthought in this story as it is all about Erin's metamorphosis.  

Erin's last three years have been a complete utter disaster.  When she is finally able to break free, she is all alone and it seems the world is against her.  I cannot imagine how she survived all by herself.  Many a woman's fears are hitting Erin - no family, no money, no job, and a ruined reputation.  Luckily for Erin, she does have a skill that she can start using.  Not many women in her position can fall back on an in demand skill.

I love that Erin's character is an auto mechanic.  She is more than that though.  She's a tinkerer.  She loves to fix things and she's good at it.  I am always impressed with people who can take apart broken electronics and/or machines to put them back together again.  This kind of ability is rare and I love it.  I am immediately on Erin's side and rooting for her to succeed.  Unfortunately for her, her deadbeat husband is a terrible albatross around her neck.

Erin catching Wyatt's eye is another lucky stroke for her.  Quite frankly, Erin is awesome, so why wouldn't Wyatt be interested?  Their slow and tentative mating dance is so cute.  Especially as Erin is so gun shy.  I did like how we learn about Erin's interest in kink.  I especially found the nod to three well known and beloved real life authors to be adorable.  They are also on my top list of kinky authors I recommend to new kinky readers.  

The interactions between Erin and Wyatt is what makes this romance so good for me.  It is realistic and it incorporates both of their jobs.  I like how Wyatt teaches Erin how to survive in the wilderness. I love how Erin volunteers and helps children learn to make go karts.  I echo Wyatt . . . where was Erin when I was growing up?  How could would that have been?  Too cool.  Erin's down to earth personality and her willingness to help even when she's been discouraged is admirable.  This feelgood romance is recommended to kinky readers and as a gateway to BDSM books.


Comments

Popular Posts