Review: Cruel Seduction

Cruel Seduction

#throwbackthursdays

Cruel Seduction by Katee Robert
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Angry sex has never been so hawt as it is in this book.  For those who haven't read this book yet in preparation for the Midnight Ruin release next week, grab your favourite toy and dive in. Wow.  This story is filled with betrayal, angry sex, grudge fucking, and broken hearts.  And yet it is a delicious romance!  How does Ms. Robert do it? 


Olympus is now fractured not only in their protective shield, but as a society as a whole. The civil unrest is at a boiling point.  The new Hephaestus was the catalyst to bring the Thirteen down from within.  Mission successful!  Too bad Hephaestus is not the brains behind the plot.  He's not even a general.  He's a pathetic pawn who is all brawn no brains.  I wasn't impressed with outsider Theseus who stole the title of Hephaestus.  I wasn't particularly thrilled with the new Aphrodite either. I will say that so far, the Aphrodites have been ruthless and this new one, Zeus's other sister is no different.  She marries her enemy to keep him close to the chest.  Oh boy does this backfire.

I am no stranger to angry sex but this takes it to another level. All I keep thinking about in this book is 

Oy vey!  Learning about Theseus and Pandora's childhood is traumatic enough.  The way they are treated by their adoptive father, Minos's is heinous. Whilst I can appreciate Minos's goals, I don't agree with them nor do I like the collateral damage.  His brand of taking over Olympus is heavy handed and short sighted.  Still, it is effective in causing utter chaos.

The more I learn about Theseus, the less I think of him as a bad guy.  The more I pity him.  At heart, he is a protector and he's just been nurtured the wrong way.  I think if Athena had been able to take him when he was young, he would have been amazing. Still, he isn't stuck in his ways.  He is able to find another way because of his tight bond with Pandora.  Pandora is the wild card here.  I like her.  She is uncontrollable and she's the ultimate free love hippie.  I couldn't see this poly group getting it on but with her influence on Theseus, it makes all the difference in the world.  Plus she is sexy hawt and it is clear that Eris aka Aphrodite is attracted to her.

The one I feel most sorrow for is Adonis.  He is collateral damage.  He loves Eris and she breaks his heart for the good of the country.  Really?  This country that treats you so well?  IS it worth it?  Really, Eris, let's take a look at what this country has done for you.  I am incensed by this whole situation.  It is a major Cluster F. Adonis and Pandora keep bringing up good questions to both Eris and Theseus respectively.  I like it.  When these four get together though, ooh it is so good.  Their passions against each other, when turned to be aligned, is even hotter!  This poly group works for me.  They are so different yet they all bring a something different to the table.  This erotic romance is recommended to readers who want their angsty enemies to lover themes.

Comments

Popular Posts