Review: Midnight Ruin

Midnight Ruin

#Outnow #ThisyearTuesday #ReleaseDay #NetGalley

Midnight Ruin by Katee Robert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my stars, this is my favourite of the series so far.  I mean, the first book completely wowed me and brought me into the fold.  This one, I loved.  Why?  Because I love the dark side and I love those antiheroes.  Plus, we revisit the lower city. Hades rules this part and he is beloved.  But can he keep his people safe? Let's start with his right hand man, Charon.  Charon has been watching and keeping Eurydice safe.  Safe from what?  From everything...

The original story about Eurydice and Orpheus bears little resemblance to what happened here.  However, I still loved it.  Why?  Because it's my kind of kink. Be forewarned, if you have issues with puppy play or anything resembling BDSM not the sugarkink in most erotic romance, then this isn't the book for you.  I was surprised by how Ms. Robert turned up the heat with the D/s dynamic between Eurydice and Orpheus.  Turns out, so was Orpheus.  He didn't know he was submissive.  Let's be honest, in the original story he wasn't that dominant either.  Injecting a third into this couple with Charon makes it good for me. Charon helps balance Eurydice and Orpheus. It helps that Orpheus finds Charon so sexy.  

This triad works well because they each bring strengths to build a better foundation for the three of them.  They also bring the right amount of yielding to soften the ragged edges.  I particularly liked seeing Eurydice growing up and coming into her own. She starts out with owning her sexuality and then deciding she can make tough choices.

Whilst there are some good kinky sexy times in this story, it is the plot that is at the forefront.  There is new development and a big reveal occurs.  I cannot say I'm surprised by the development.  What I can say, is that Hades increased his moxie by demonstrating why he's the big bad.  At the end of this story, the trio are moving towards a better life but at what cost?  Hades protecting all of lower city is about to make big waves.  I am riveted by this hook and I cannot wait to see what happens next.  It promises to be even bloodier and more violent.  Bring it!  This erotic romance is recommended to readers who enjoy spicy menage.

*provided by https://www.netgalley.com

Comments

Popular Posts