Review: Radiant Sin

Radiant Sin

 #SexySaturdays

Radiant Sin by Katee Robert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cassandra and Apollo's story is here! If you haven't noticed, I am on a Dark Olympus kick.  Trying to get us all caught up before the new release comes out on January 16.  You don't want to miss Midnight Ruin.  Whilst these books can be read as a standalone, it is better experience in the order they were written. Lately, I have seen various iterations of Apollo where he is a terrible villain. I have never been a fan of Apollo ever since I learned what he did in the original Greek Mythology to his twin, Artemis.  I have also thought in the original mythology with Cassandra, it was quite unfair.

In this re-interpretation, Cassandra is a no-nonsense sexy woman who is the right hand man for Apollo. And Apollo is actually a decent guy.  A Swedish Korean guy who is the spy master for Olympus.  Wow. With this set up, I want to learn more. Especially as the relationship between the two in the original mythos was complicated.  Well, it is no less complicated in this one and I love it.  The boss to subordinate theme is erotic and divine.  Apollo does not want to take advantage and Cassandra knows what label she'll receive for "sleeping with the boss".  

This book heats up not only the bed-sheets but unknown foe trying to destabilize the Thirteen's powers.  Whilst I did like the romance part of this story, I liked the plot better in this book.  I liked it because I enjoy what if scenarios in how to destroy a nation and take it over.  What is happening to Olympus is classic divide and conquer warfare.  I see it now, unfortunately in our own country.  I have seen it throughout my history studies of civilizations that fall apart. It does kind of take a page out of the book The Art of War.  

This erotic romance is recommended to readers who love a good anarchy plot with sexy characters who are smart and capable.

Comments

Popular Posts