Review: LUST: A Vampire and Werewolf Power-Couple Romance

LUST: A Vampire and Werewolf Power-Couple Romance

LUST: A Vampire and Werewolf Power-Couple Romance by Candace Blevins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
 

I debated which blog site to post this review.  Even though this is called Lust, it isn't really an erotic romance.  Or even erotica.  The BDSM elements to this are extreme and quite frankly, might frighten my usual audience on my other website, so I decided to post my review here.

I loved this book.  I was not sure what to expect.  I knew it was going to be the conclusion to the storyarc of human being skinned alive.  I also knew it was Cora's story with Marco.  What I did not expect was the experimental aspects of this story.  Nor did I expect to empathize and debate whether or not the skinning of humans was a problem.  I mean, to the paranormal world, humans are overly abundant and a little culling wouldn't damage the ecosystem.  In fact, one could postulate it would actually help our world if we had less people.

 I love how Ms. Blevins slips in these thought provoking situations that make me debate both sides.  The fact that I can see both sides and not be able to make a decision on which way I would go only shows how well she crafts her stories.  She provides information that makes the "bad" seem not so bad. That questionable gray line and how her antiheroes are honourable in their own way is impressive.

What I gathered from this story is that those in power can easily make things happen to those who are weaker than them. It is a disturbing concept that most western society, especially Americans tend to viciously hate and try to pretend that it cannot happen.  Or maybe I shouldn't say, we don't say it can't happen.  We would like to believe we have some control with our protests and keyboard warrior cancel culture. Whilst the populace is distracted with trivial issues and are outraged, the true power brokers are moving pieces that we cannot even fathom. There is a kind of elegance and appeal to this hidden and powerful society.  

What would it be like to be part of it? What would it be like to be impacted and oppressed by it? These are the what-ifs that play out in this series.  From a humble human realizing her potential to become a power that no one wants to piss off to a strong wolf who becomes part of a power couple that can topple civilizations.  The ethics these characters wrestle with as they learn more of the responsibilities and decisions they have to make for the good of the whole.  This is what I like about Ms. Blevin's stories and why they appeal to me.  She brings a different perspective and helps people see that sometimes, for peace and safety, there will need to be difficult choices and painful sacrifices.  This story filled with lust is more than just sexual lust.  

I highly recommend this book as a gateway into a fascinating world of powerful paranormals moving in a world without humans none the wiser.

Comments

Popular Posts