Review: Broderick

Broderick

Broderick by Katee Robert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been tearing through Ms. Robert's different series.  Suffice to say, this spin-off series from the Dark Olympus ones is panty melting goodness.  Unfortunately, it looks like this series is now put on hold... indefinitely.  This is a shame.  I feel so vested in it now.  This is book two in the original 7 part series.  This can be read as a standalone.  Be forewarned, this may make you rage and troll the internet trying to determine why this series is no more.

Broderick is the 2nd oldest brother of 7.  Kind of like the 7 swan geese... that was my take.  I ended up liking this one more than I thought because the characters pulled me in.  Whilst this is a smorgasbord of angry revenge sexy times, it morphs into something more.  Is it realistic?  Probably not.  But it is so delicious.  The mff throuple here is delicious.  There is sexual tension between best friends Broderick and Shiloh.  The complication comes when Broderick's "bride" Monroe comes into play.  She is definitely an enemy who wants to destroy Broderick's family.  Now if this isn't a set up for the "war of the roses" type interaction, I'm not sure what else it would be.

I was not sure how Ms. Robert would be able to bring these three together.  Obviously it would involve sexy times and the first book in this series was also off the charts in sexy times.  This one, wow, talk about right up my alley how dominant Monroe comes across.  In addition to her being a small little 5'3" Amazon.  Her personality is a force of nature.  Her ability to assess and use weaknesses is admirable.  Yet she tempers her ruthlessness with empathy.  I ended up admiring her at the end of this story when I first hated her.  Her interactions with Shiloh both sexual and friendship wise are tempered with a caring not seen too often in a woman of her position.  Broderick is more straight forward.  It does take Monroe as a catalyst to bring him and his unspoken and un-acted upon love for Shiloh.

These three do become a power house and I love how the story ended.  It was a bit unexpected and caught me off guard.  I recommend this erotic romance to readers who want best friends to lovers plus spicy enemies to lovers rolled into one.

Comments

Popular Posts